I am a theatre-maker and writer born in Portugal, based in London. I recently completed my MFA in Advanced Theatre Practice at Royal Central School of Speech of Drama.
I tend to work collaboratively and across disciplines, as a writer, director, movement director, performer/devisor. My background and focus as a practitioner is in the intersection of literary texts and movement-based work. I am also an activist engaging with environmental and social justice issues.
I am part of dangerously loose, a company making work which explores political, traditionally ‘academic’ subjects in a way which makes them accessible and play to theatre’s strengths as a visual metaphor for the realm of ideas. We have a history of making work about activism and climate change.
My pronouns are she/her.
PERFORMER/MAKER, All You Need Is Love? / Camden People's Theatre and Theatre Deli, 2 days, 2019
PERFORMER/MAKER, The Canary / Courtyard Theatre RCSSD, 1 day, 2019
PERFORMER/MAKER, everything that rises must dance / Somerset House, Boxpark Croydon and Greenwich Peninsula, 3 days, 2018
MOVEMENT DIRECTOR, Reigen / theSpace @ Venue 45 and theSpace @ Niddry St (Upper), 2 weeks, 2018
WRITER/DIRECTOR, e x i l e / Space Triplex Big, 2 weeks, 2017
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, The Shape Of Things / Corpus Playroom, 1 week, 2017
PERFORMER, Stuart: A Life Backwards / Corpus Playroom, 1 week, 2017
WRITER/DIRECTOR, e x i l e / Corpus Playroom, 1 week, 2016
PERFORMER, As You Like It / Peterhouse Deer Park, 1 week, 2016
PERFORMER/MAKER, Under Milk Wood / Wolfson Party Room @ Trinity College, 1 week, 2016
MOVEMENT DIRECTOR, Trojan Barbie / ADC Theatre, 1 week, 2016
PERFORMER/MAKER, 4.48 Psychosis / Fitzpatrick Hall @ Queen's College, 3 days, 2015
WRITER/DIRECTOR, Yearwalk / ADC Theatre, 1 week, 2015
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, Happy Days / ADC Theatre, 1 week, 2015
MFA Advanced Theatre Practice, Royal Central School of Speech and Drama (graduated 2020)
BA English, University of Cambridge (graduated 2017)
- Cohabitation @ Odin Teatret, 2020: 12-day residency titled "The Versatility of the Score,
the Dramaturgy of the Actor and the Dramaturgy of the Director"
- Viewpoints and Composition with Anne Bogart (SITI Company) @ RCSSD, 2019/2020: series of lectures and practical workshops
- Workshop with Frantic Assembly @ University of Cambridge: 3 hours on contact work, chorus and devising
- Workshop with Clive Mendus (Complicité) @ Cambridge Junction: 2-hour workshop on Lecoq, chorus and devising.
- Residency with Thadd McQuade (Make Trouble) @ University of Cambridge: 3-day intensive on the physical score, clown and Suzuki-method
- Residency with Amanda McRaven (Make Trouble) @ University of Cambridge, 2017: 2-week intensive on viewpoints, composition, Suzuki method and clown
- Residency with Colleen Sullivan (Make Trouble) @ University of Cambridge: 1-week intensive on viewpoints, composition, voice, chorus and devising
7+ years of dance training with a focus on contemporary and hip hop.
Acting Choreography Devising Dramaturgy Languages Movement Direction Physical Theatre Street Theatre Teaching Writing