My name is Andrea Lavio. I am a Swiss Director.
I trained as an actor and went on to study traditional theatre forms such as Balinese Dance and Drama in Indonesia, Beijing Opera in China and Noh Theatre in Japan.
I have also facilitated workshops and directed devised performances in schools in India, Kenya and South Africa.
My international background tends to influence my work and I am particularly interested in minimalistic, stylized and physical theatre work.
- ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, The Worker's Wife, Corbet Theatre, 2 days, 2020
- DIRECTOR, The Internship, Online Performance, 2 Weeks, 2020 (Official Selection "Tramshed's Digitally Charged's Online Festival" & "Capsule Film Festival")
- DIRECTOR & WRITER, A Natural Chance, short-film, 2019, (Official selection "Printemps Carougeois" & "Mercury Online Festival")
- DIRECTOR & WRITER, The Revolution of the Capsules, short-film, 2019, (Official selection "Mercury Online Festival")
- ACTOR, Bloc Central, film, Videovox production, 2018.
- 2nd AC's ASSISTANT, The Pirates of Somalia, film, Kalahari Pictures Production, 2017
- SCRIPT SUPERVISOR'S ASSISTANT, Disney Cookabout, TV, Penguin Films Production, 2016
- DIRECTOR & WRITER, La Découverte du Bibimbap, Short - Film, 2015 (Jury Prize, contest "Mon Ouest à Moi").
- DIRECTOR, The Golden Pyramid, Kattaikkuttu Gurukulam (India), 1 week, 2015
- DIRECTOR, Broken, Short-Film, 2012
- Stanislavski's Acting Methodology & Meyerhold's Biomechanics - GITIS, Russia (2020)
- MA in Theatre Directing - East 15 Acting School, UK (2019-2020)
- Noh Theatre - Traditional Theatre Training - Kyoto Art Center, Japan (2015)
- Beijing Opera - Shanghai Theatre Academy, China (2015)
- Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship - Sanggar Semarandana, Bali, Indonesia (2004)
- BA in World Performance - East 15 Acting School, UK (2010-2013)
Acting Devising Languages Teaching TV / Film Working with Young People
French & German (fluent) / Italian & Korean (basics)